The Felixstowe Community Car Service is open to anyone to make journeys for which no private car or suitable public transport is available.
Eligible journeys include travel:
- for medical purposes (doctors, dentists, opticians etc);
- to hospital (visiting and appointments);
- to and from day care centres;
- for shopping and other domestic purposes;
- to visit friend and relatives; and
- to link in with public transport.
Vehicles may be provided by volunteers who drive their own cars on a non-profit making basis and are paid a fixed rate to cover running costs. We can accomodate disabled passengers in multi-purpose accessible vehicles owned by FACTS. These can carry a wheelchair and up to three additional passengers, depending on the vehicle capacity.
Fares: Each passenger pays a set mileage to the driver at the time of their journey. A grant is provided by Suffolk County Council to subsidise travel costs.
For more information or to arrange travel, please call 01394 282857 between 09.30 and 13.00 or email email@example.com. There is an answerphone in operation outside of these hours or if the office is unattended or you can use our contact form. Travel is dependant on the availability of volunteer drivers.